Party, Musical Performances, Live-Painting Exhibition and Shavuot-Party
Where: RadialSystem – Holzmarktstraße 33, 10243 Berlin
Featuring: Ofir Dor, Liquid Saloon, Buttering Trio, Apifera, Rejoicer, Amir Bresler, Yonatan Albalak, KerenDun, Nitai Hershkovits, Nomok, Sefi Zisling
A century after the last event of this kind, ID Festival sets to revive the Berlin tradition of Jewish cultural salons by collaborating with the Berliner initiative FRAMED e.V – a modern cultural salon established in 2017. The aesthetic and philosophy of FRAMED founder, Yael Nachshon-Levin, was inspired by the legacy of Rahel Varnhagen (1771–1833), a Jewish writer who organized and hosted perhaps the most important cultural salons of the time in Berlin. Similarly, the cultural salon FRAMED @ ID FESTIVAL will see cultural and intellectual exchanges, musical and visual performances, hospitality, food and drinks.
Our Kultursalon will showcase some of the most relevant and sought after alternative jazz-funk acts from Tel-Aviv, curated by Haggai Cohen-Milo.
- Liquid Saloon brings high energy instrumental music, with influences of Afro-beat and Electronic music.
- Buttering Trio are taking funk music back to the desert; with heavy beats, fat bass lines and sweet yet poignant lyrics, they aim to bring some peace to a troubled region.
- Apifera is a new group comprising four accomplished solo artists: Rejoicer (keys), Nitai Hershkovits (keys), Amir Bresler (drums) and Yonatan Albalak (bass).
- KerenDun & Nitai Hershkovits create enchanted music rooted in songs infused with psychedelic and jazz sounds. They will showcase the voice and piano in their most naked form, creating an intimate setting of soundscapes, stories and legends.
- Tel Aviv’s top jazz and funk trumpeter, Sefi Zisling will be playing in different constellations throughout the night – and brings us some exciting surprises from his own musical project.
EXHIBITION & LIVE-PAINTING
Israeli-Berlin artist Ofir Dor shows a live drawing of his latest work from the nude series The Sun and the Moon (Beauty Contest). The Sun and the Moon (Beauty Contest) is a series of oil paintings of nearly-monumental dimensions. The series depicts a group of male and female bathers– nude figures rendered in free-flowing, generous brushstrokes, that convey a libidinous and carefree moment. Fascinated with bathers, group scenes and beauty contests as depicted in the arts, Israeli artist Ofir Dor began exploring the theme several years ago. Although the point of departure was Rubens’ paintings on the theme of beauty pageants, Dor has sought out other sources of inspiration to find his own unique way of expressing nudity. He browsed nude magazines and in amateur erotic photography; he worked with live models in his studio, and created from pure fantasy. The series is also reminiscent of other mythological beauty contests and group nudes found in the works of Pablo Picasso, Henri Matisse and Paul Cézanne.